Monday 10 October 2011

A lot can happen over a coffee!!!


Its 4 o'clock in my wrist watch. Now one more hour to my favorite time of the day. The tea break with my friends.

Its the hour me and my friends look forward to, after the enervating clockwork. Our minds hopping around like a dog set free from its kennel. The refreshing air - that blows only at this time, the slanting rays over the lush green office lawns, and the long shadows it cast, colleagues treading to the buses, all seemingly remain the same. Its the topic that churn itself out at tea that seems to demarcate today from yesterday. The rest are all so predictable that i rarely take notice of.

Some times it is about the movies that we confabulate, at other times it is the music, girls, politics, the problems we face, planning for the weekend,..... what not!! In effect, anything under the sun comes under the axe. We exchange the information gathered till time from what ever blogs and sites we went through that day. It is just an information passed when we stand in the long queue at the coffee counter, which transforms in to discussions while savoring each sip from steaming cup, developing into an argument augmented with the aroma, color, flavor and essence of the coffee by the time the cup needs a refill. There were times when we even declared wars on some countries that wronged ours. The seriousness transmogrifies into peels of laughter when we realize nothing over this tea is going to change anything. But the frivolity of the outcome is never a deterrent for the leisure of being an arm-chair critic is enchanting.

I have always looked upon the giggles and laughter erupting from the durbars of elderly men beneath the peepul, that shatters the silence in the temples every now and then, with great amusement. I have had been to such durbars with my grandpa occasionally in my childhood, but then i never understood what they talked. Due to the love for this hour of the day, I some times even look forward to growing old with my friends over a hot cup of coffee with sincere and foolish enthusiasm.

It is about to strike 5 . I don't want to be late. Au revoir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment